Our Amazing Caregivers
We realize the importance of caring for your loved one in our assisted living community. Our goal is to provide the best care and service to all of our residents as if they are our own parents.
In order to provide what we call “WOW” Care and service we take the time to hire and train the best “Super Caregivers”.
We call our employees “Super Caregivers” because they are the most caring and compassionate people in the world.
In order to be Super Caregivers and be hired at our community, our caregivers must have the following requirements:
- Pass an extensive FBI and State background check
- Maintain current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Test for Tuberculosis
- Have a current Food Handler’s Permit
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate from the State of Colorado
- Be drug free – Random drug tests performed regularly
Upon hire, we require additional internal hours of training that include:
- How to follow service plan that is centered around your loved ones care
- Extensive training for our Super RN on how to safely handle and pass medications
- How to recognize illness
- How to handle an incident
- How to recognize abuse, neglect, exploitation and proper reporting
- How to deal with death, dying and grieving processes
- How to deal with residents that have difficult behaviors and calm them down
- Proper documentation regarding incident reports, medication administration, daily reports, etc.
- How to handle a fire, disaster and emergency evacuation
- Job shadow for at least 16-24 + hours depending on position
- 8 hours Certified Training with the Alzheimer’s Association EssentiALZ program
- How to ensure all resident rights and followed and upheld